just another one.

i was taking a shower when he walked past and stopped to say hello.
as he was talking, his hands reached out. i interpreted that as him needing water.
so i directed my water towards his hands and hoped that was enough.

when i got dressed--and it felt like a different day--we sat with our backs to the wall and talked.
or he talked with the pretense of answering my questions of insecurities, only to tell me things that made me look away. i wasn't interested. and it bothered me that he didn't care enough to see that i wasn't paying attention to stop talking.

it's good that it was a dream.
because he's a professor. and he walked in on me when i was taking a shower. in the hallway.
what a weird house. (it had cameras linked up to other rooms.)

earlier, an hour earlier, i had another dream, where, as i was sitting with a friend on an indoor wooden bench running along the wall, i showed him something that involved looking at an object through a lens of sorts. then his arm crept around my neck and shoulders and said, "this is a good way to hit on someone."
i smiled as he was smiling already, and sat there, looking straight ahead after my gaze turned away from him.
i sat there, on that wooden bench along the wall, and felt so comfortable. so warm. protected. secure.
it brought back memories when i trusted myself to be that close to someone else, when i felt that warmth.
except this time, it was warmer, knowing that he wasn't that serious, and neither was i.

conclusion?
i really like sitting against walls.

No comments: