neruda 51, my love eulogy

gleams of your teeth ornament the christmas trees.
beauty is your mouth opening wide, ready to bite.
you eat all the trees. they fall, one long moaning,
'tis the season, the season, 'tis the season.

you laugh. you laugh like it costs nothing to laugh,
it is all fun, it is all fun for you, like white snow.
like the white snow will always be white, forever,
like the bride you will always be, forever.

you come to me with light like the morning sun,
slink and press your light up on me in bed,
refuse me sleep. you are always white.

my bride. you come to me, laughing.
you scare the birds and they abandon me,
and i am alone with your mouth, opening wide.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Is this a translation of Neruda's work, or is this your own writing in tribute to him? Either way, I love it