choose.

you can choose, i tell her
you can choose for me and for yourself
what you want to this be

you can tell me
i want you to lie
i want something sweet

not bitter stringy celery
not burnt pb-chocolate bars
not frozen leftovers

i want you to tell me
words that walk around
the dumpster stink

so tell me
that you care enough about me
to sugar my coffee

so i tell you
baby i've never loved
anyone but you

you are my life
my purpose
my heaven on earth

you make me whole
you make me happier
than i could ever imagine

you make me
tell you
what i don't know i don't mean

or you can tell me
i want your truth
i want your love

(because if i wanted
to hear lies
i could do that myself)

i want whatever
you have cooked
for our dinner tonight

even if it is only
the distance and air
between you and me

as long as you say
this is all i have
can you understand?

No comments: