definitely not.

it is not my
heart that hurts
what a cliché
would that be
(what a cliché
"cliché" is!)
i do not know
what hurts
inside
i do not know
where "inside" is.
i heard a
crack and
felt a pain
(but only because
i twisted my back
much too much).
you are not
running through
my mind,
that would be
silly.
you do not
possess
any part of me
yet why do i
sense that
i am yours?
half and half
of hate and love
it is ambiguous
who did what.
you've changed,
so have i,
or maybe
my change
changed you
or you changed
me to change
the way i look at you.
i crack my toes,
and hear the noise
i'm sure my heart
would never make.
and sometimes
i wonder why
it is that i
should ever
need to think.

"But herein mean I to enrich my pain,
To have his sight thither and back again."
Exit.
(A Midsummer Night's Dream 1.1.250-251)

No comments: