baby

i fell asleep with my past beside me tonight.
i chased her around all day, afternoon and evening.
i ate while she cried,
frowned while she laughed,
drooped while she screamed,
i stared at her in all frustration.
she had no sense
of right and wrong,
of good and bad,
she did not believe in
anyone but herself.
i told her to do this,
and she chose to do that,
i gave
she refused.
i seized
she complained.
something wonderful
in her eyes,
docile
free of lies.
something lively
on her lips,
soft and shapely
free to love
kiss
and tell.
her tears,
gentle round crystals
of a spoiled nature,
seemed to hold
a time to come,
of perception,
mutations,
true lamentation.
for now, for now,
i can bare it all
a little more.
wastefully spent,
at last she surrendered,
and i sighed,
knowing she was done
with all things lost and won...
i opened my eyes
and saw her there
peacefully respiring
in the dimming lighting
i closed my eyes
and the world slipped
and the time slid
and when i woke
at a set of taps on my shoulder,
it was in a lighted darkness,
a muted room,
and my past
had turned away.

1 comment:

Tramp said...

That was beautiful. I felt something stir from within...and I'm glad you told me about your site =]