floating floating.

i knew you'd tire of waiting for me. what i didn't know was what you were thinking when you started to walk towards me. and what you thought when you stopped to stand next to me. hold an umbrella over my head. watch the rain drip down from the umbrella and plop. watch it soak my right shoulder and run down my hand, clinging on to my fingertips. plop.
plop.
plop.
plop plop ploploploploplopopop.
did i ever tell you i like the rain? i like the rain and the way it looks and the way the sky looks before it hits down on me and afterwards, when the colors come out again. when the winds pick up and swirl around me and you and the buildings stand strong against the wind but you and i we are shivering and moving with it like...
water. look at the water around our feet. our reflections. what do you think? me beside you, and you beside a smiling emptiness. listen. listen to the...
tambourines.  

No comments: