old age.

you touch and go
forgetting you
remembering is
hard at this age.

you gave up on them
a little too soon
memory of memories
who tried to say

look at me
do not let slip
who i am
who am i?

look at me
do not be blind
i am you
and who are you?

unfortunately,
ears do not wait
to hear
or be heard

life is unknown
until you leave
babies and funerals
trees that weep

circles go round
strings unwind
looping music
looping years

orbiting in a vacuum
surrounded by fire
water and ice
dusts of time

who can live
in this space
who can play
in this box

and did i pay
for my way in?
and will i pay
for my way out?

and what if
they had not kissed
had not loved
had not hated

me, look at me
who am i
you, look at you
who are you

when i cannot hear
the ringing sounds,
round and again
miss my wake,

wind that cries
almost never
never dies
dies.

No comments: