scenes.

1.
oh darling
brother said
do not go alone into the water 
you do not know how to float
you do not know how to run 
or how to live there.

2.
i jumped before he returned
i tried to walk in
like walking into home
like normal
in the water where the creature lives
where the grass is in tangles and gold
where the grass tangos 
and holds me close.

3. 
do not be so quick
you cannot 
cannot leave me here
do not
do not leave me here.

4.
when i was 6
i learned how to swim
in a pool so shallow
with water too clear
too medicated and too blue
when one day i tried to swim
and the day was too cold
and the water was too cold
and my body was too cold
too medicated and too blue.

5.
darling darling
i told you so
i told you do not 
do not go there
you do not know 
how to live there
do not
do not leave me here.

6.
mama tried to give me ginger soup
give me some warmth and breath
but my lips were too blue
i already too cold
then mama cried some ginger tears
all hot and nice
like sugar and spice
like the stuff good girls are made of
stuff i never had.

7. 
it's lonely here on sunny days
the waters are warm 
natural and nice
makes me wonder 
if i had waited
if you would float
beside my body
darling now.

No comments: