go.

smiles,
inside and out.
i'm almost certain
where i am,
one foot here
and the other there,
with a slight but sincere smile,
and a pair of half-frowning eyes.
i look quickly,
let my head tilt back
so that nothing falls out,
or it might flood this nice place.
i know that maybe this is what
i'd thought it'd be,
because,
happiness comes naturally
even when you walk away.
because,
i have hope
and i put it all in you.
i smile
when you've found your destination,
and i laugh
as you let the sun shine on your face.
because,
you're happy,
and despite this reluctance,
i can smile for you.
for you, i can hold back,
i can give you
a day without rain.
concentrate on my smile,
that's what's true,
don't search for my eyes,
because they aren't kind,
both pleading with something close
to insanity.
you needn't know,
because that's my reality,
not yours.
i could wait forever,
but you won't,
you know how it goes.
look here,
take the smile,
and go.
my face won't miss it.
my heart never had it.
my mind...doesn't want to think about it.
(i want you good and gone
by the time the flood comes.
i want to see my smile
on your face.)

No comments: